I also write this blog.
There isn't much of a focus to my corner of the blogosphere. I started The Sleepy Peach (originally called People Just Float) in 2007 as a way of documenting my travels in Europe and my time studying abroad at King's College in Cambridge, England for my family and friends back home.
Upon my return, I started simply to write about whatever tickled my fancy, which—as it turns out—is ever-changing and often not all that exciting.
But that's life, and it's always real to me.
No one stays in one place. No one's interests remain unchanged. That being said, I don't intend to define what this blog is other than saying, "It's me; boring stuff and all."
We move along in this world facing challenges, exciting opportunities, and bouts of creativity. We share in love and loss; we find joy in friends, family, and furry animals. Whenever the mood strikes, I will touch on all or none of these things. You never really know with me, and I certainly can't guarantee I'll keep you interested. That's OK, though. I still like you, and I'm glad you stopped by.
What I can tell you for sure is the following:
- I will never write 10 words when 1,000 will do.
- I love my pets more than I love sunlight, sleep, and coffee. (Read: a whole hellova lot.)
- I have delusions of grandeur when it comes to taking photographs, since I actually suck at it.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with food (read: carbs) and wine. Also cocktails.
- I fancy myself a gardener even though I have no garden and I kill plants.
- I'm horribly insecure about basically everything.
- I'm terrible with money and budgeting.
- I get heart palpitations at the thought of running and The Universe.
- I lose sleep thinking about home decorating, winning the lottery, and what's for breakfast.
- I am always contemplating what tattoo I want to get next.
- I'm so blessed with the little in my life I have... and I know it.
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to tip your waitress.