I also write this blog!
There isn't much of a focus to this Sleepy Peach, which I began in 2007 as a way of documenting my travels in Europe and my time studying abroad in Cambridge, England for my family and friends back home.
Upon my return, I started simply to write about whatever tickled my fancy, which—as it turns out—is ever-changing and often not all that exciting.
But that's life, and it's always real to me.
No one stays in one place, no one's interests remain unchanged. When you find yourself living in eight different apartments in four different cities over the course of eight years throughout your twenties, better to just embrace the inconsistencies of your life.
We move along in this world facing challenges, exciting opportunities, and bouts of creativity. We share in love and loss; we find joy in friends, family, and furry animals. Whenever the mood strikes, I will touch on all or none of these things. You never really know with me, and I certainly can't guarantee I'll keep you interested. That's OK, though. I still like you, and I'm glad you stopped by.
What I can tell you for sure is the following:
- I will never write 10 words when 1,000 will do.
- At the very least, you can expect loads and loads of furry baby photos.
- I have delusions of grandeur when it comes to taking photographs, since I'm actually quite terrible at it.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with food (read: carbs) and wine. Also cocktails.
- I fancy myself a gardener even though I have no garden and I kill plants.
- I'm horribly insecure about basically everything.
- I get heart palpitations at the mere thought of running.
- I lose sleep thinking about homes I can't afford, winning the lottery, and what's for breakfast.
- I am always contemplating what tattoo I want to get next.
- I'm so blessed with the little in my life I have... and I would love to share it with you.
Thanks for reading!
You can contact me directly at thesleepypeach [at] gmail [dot] com